Scheduling is done through the instructor of the farm. Lessons are based on the availability of horses and the instructor.
All riders must wear long, tight fitting pants, boots or sturdy shoes with a small heel and a riding helmet with a chin strap. We strongly recommend the purchase of an ASTM (Standard #F1163) and SEI tested helmet. Riders without proper gear will not be permitted to ride and will forfeit the lesson.
To cancel a lesson, you must call 301-642-1997 and leave a message at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not cancel within 24 hours in advance you will forfeit the lesson.
In the event of poor weather conditions, you may cancel up to 2 hours prior to your lesson time.
Should the instructor feel the weather conditions are unsafe for riding, lessons may be cancelled up to the start or during a lesson.
Only one cancellation is permitted in the four lesson plan. Make-up lessons are scheduled at the instructor's discretion and may not be on the same day/time that you normally ride.
Should we have to cancel a lesson for any reason we will give you as much notice as possible.
Ballyclare Barn Rules:
* All riders and guests must sign the Release Form before handling or riding any horse.
* Riders under the age of 18 cannot ride without an adult present. (Parents are responsible to insure that an adult is present.)
* All riders must wear long, tight fitting pants, boots or sturdy shoes with a small heel and a riding helmet with a chin strap.
* Riding only in the riding ring unless supervised by Barn Manager.
* Horses not to be removed from the property unless supervised by Barn Manager.
* Scheduling is done through the instructor and is based on the availability of horses and the instructor.
* Lessons should be canceled 24 hours in advance.
* Board is due on the 1st of the month and will be assessed a 5% penalty if not received before the 10th.